The Icehouse collective Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Myha: Return to Lost Island - Finished!

5 posters

Go down

Myha: Return to Lost Island - Finished! Empty Myha: Return to Lost Island - Finished!

Post by Juanjo_LS 13th October 2019, 17:29

Finally and after many headaches, I managed to finish Myha: Return to Lost Island!

And this is my humble review:

Myha: Return to the Lost Island is a first person scifi adventure game, where you play as a cosmonaut from the country of Tongolia on planet Terra, sent to the Moon to identify a distress signal. It was supposed to be the one of Philippe Forté, an astronaut who disappeared the year before. But when you land and explore the moon, there is no more signal. Mysterious events occur: you discover a strange Black Cube artefact that teleports you to an unidentified island, in an all new world. This island is in another solar system, far away, on a moon called Myha. There, someone was obviously waiting for you in order to test you... For what purpose?

Well, the story is not the most original but it catches you from the beginning and increases your interest as you progress through the game. Of course this is a Myst type game and you can see reminiscences in the story, mechanics, music... I love it!

At first glance it might seem like a simple game with a poor aesthetics, but nothing could be further from the truth. Although the graphic aspect is not AAA, the atmosphere is incredible and gets you immersed in the story (I love the cycle day and night). The puzzles in general are well implemented and the difficulty is not excessive if you have patience, although in my opinion there are a couple really complicated (I needed help from guides, I will not deny it).

According to Steam, it took me 2 hours to finish it (for me it has been many more, hahaha), although I have only achieved 19 achievements of 30 (I have missed many things). I recommend it if you like Myst type games and if you have patience because as I said, there are some really complicated puzzles (in my opinion).

And that's it, it's been a lot of fun playing it!

Great work of Denis and Simon (and the rest of the team), congrats!!
Juanjo_LS
Juanjo_LS

https://www.luminystudios.com

Back to top Go down

Myha: Return to Lost Island - Finished! Empty Re: Myha: Return to Lost Island - Finished!

Post by Simon_Icehouse 13th October 2019, 18:57

Thanks Juanjo, I'm happy to see that you have finished the game. Sorry that you didn't like the graphics so much, but it's good to know that you liked the general aesthetics and the ambiance with the day/night cycles.
Only 2 hours on Steam? How is it possible? Oh, you probably played offline. After all Myha is DRM-free, so there is no reason to launch Steam app.
Anyway congrats for finishing the challenging game! I agree that some puzzles are difficult, more than others! You can be proud Very Happy
It's touching me that you took some time to play our game. Thanks a lot! Can't wait to discover your next project too.
Simon_Icehouse
Simon_Icehouse
Top Member

http://www.simonmesnard.fr

Back to top Go down

Myha: Return to Lost Island - Finished! Empty Re: Myha: Return to Lost Island - Finished!

Post by Juanjo_LS 13th October 2019, 20:04

Don't misunderstand me, the graphics are great, I just said they aren't AAA, but I like them!

I'm using the new beta Steam app and I'm not sure that it works well, I have played 1 hour every day approx, so 2 hours is impossible, rather they have had to be 4-6 hours minimum.
Juanjo_LS
Juanjo_LS

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah1221 13th October 2019, 20:14

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it Juanjo. I certainly had a blast with it. I love Myst style games! Oh, if you have an opportunity you should search for my "hidden secret" aka easter egg. I think you will like it. Wink (You can message me if you need a hint or don't have time to look.)
Josiah1221
Josiah1221
Active Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanjo_LS 14th October 2019, 08:29

Hahaha, did you really put an easter egg? As I said, I missed some things, let me look for it...
Juanjo_LS
Juanjo_LS

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah1221 14th October 2019, 08:46

X marks the spot...
Josiah1221
Josiah1221
Active Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon_Icehouse 14th October 2019, 10:35

There are several 'backers' easter eggs yes. Josh was one of them, he asked something quite unusual haha

Some backers have portraits.
Others have their names in bottles.
Josh put a X to mark the position and then there is a secret to unveil!
Etc.
Simon_Icehouse
Simon_Icehouse
Top Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehvaro 14th October 2019, 21:08

Oh ! Good to know !
I remember this X ! I will have to explore this part of the island again Very Happy
Rehvaro
Rehvaro
Follower

https://fabien-berini.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ormusto 27th October 2019, 15:18

I've just finished the game myself. This quick like/dislike is my opinion only and will be very straight forward. (Sorry I don't want to sound cold or harsh but lack of time and focus. Bad critics are here to help as always. As a solo developer myself I know how hard it is and how much effort you need to put to make a game like this.  Smile )

Dislikes
Day/night cycle: I find it very disturbing when you are focusing on observation and the lighting change.
Overall performances: The game in general suffers from bad performances. There's a lack of optimization (day/night cycle, shadows, foliages).
Technical issues:The audio of the pocketPC isn't clear and hard to understand (need to repeat it time to time).
UI/UX: Could be improved. (Font, frame size, position etc)

Puzzles: They aren't what I like as they rely too much on the numeral system. BUT they are very logical and fair. The difficulty is well balanced and old-school (which is good and challenging).
Graphics: At first a little disturbing (flashy colors, rough) but it works. I felt immersed in this world and appreciate the mood (after few minutes of adaptation).
Music: Nice and well implemented.
Story: The story is very deep and mysterious.

I'm very satisfied about the game in general. Despite the bad performances I was able to have a good experience with it (and was able to finish it). I hope the next one will be improved in that area (technical).

Congrats to Denis and the team. Well done!
Ormusto
Ormusto
Super follower

http://www.iridescentwaves.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon_Icehouse 27th October 2019, 18:20

Many thanks Ormusto for your feedback, i'm very happy that you took some time to play Myha and that you globally liked it despite the few dislikes (which is normal). I have no doubt that Denis will continue to learn and improve his skills, so yes his next game will be improved without a doubt! You've put the level quite high already with T5CR Smile
Simon_Icehouse
Simon_Icehouse
Top Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ormusto 27th October 2019, 18:43

Well I did a lot of mistakes myself and there are some stuff that you and Denis put on the game that I'm really jealous about. Like some details, story chunks and the layout which is really smart.

It's nice to learn from each other.
Ormusto
Ormusto
Super follower

http://www.iridescentwaves.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down